Join us in Toronto this Saturday night at 8pm for a class, followed by a wonderful milonga at Palermo Tango Club (3rd floor, 95 Danforth Ave at Broadview at the Joy of Dance Centre). The cost is only $18 for both the class and milonga. The theme for the party is “Elegance”. You can bring a bottle of wine or bubbly to drink and if you wish, a small dish/snack/nibbly to share. The music is always good, the dance floor is real wood and the company is friendly.
We hope to see you there!!
Our best wishes to you and your families. May 2012 bring you health, happiness, peace and abundance (especially lots of tango)!!
Miguel, Michelle and Livia
When: December 7, 14, 21, 2011 and January 4, 2012
Time: 7 to 9pm
Location: Variety Room, The Staircase, 25 Dundurn St. N. (Entrance at the back). Free parking.
Keep the stress of the holidays in check with 2 hour tango drop-in classes with teachers, Miguel and Michelle Coppini. Enjoy personalized attention and avoid the nasty withdrawal symptoms of a month without tango. Learn, laugh and tango!! All levels welcome and treated with our special brand of TLC (tango-loving-care).
Special price: $15 per person for 2 hours.
The holidays can be a busy and stressful time. Maintaining your regular tango practice can help keep you balanced, physically and emotionally. Best of all, you can avoid terrible tango withdrawl symptoms (like forgetting everything you learned in the last 3 months)!!
New drop-in classes will help to fill the gap until sessions restart the week of January 9, 2012:
- Hamilton: Wednesdays at 7pm on Dec. 7, 14, 21 and Jan. 4
- Toronto: Thursdays at 8:15pm (at the Swansea Town Hall): Dec. 8, 15, 21 and Jan. 5
- London: Sunday at 6pm on December 18.
- Toronto: Saturday nights at 8pm (at the Joy of Dance Centre, before the Palermo Tango Club Milonga): Dec. 10, 17 and 31!! Join us New Year’s Eve for a class and a special milonga.
Tango: It is good for the head, heart and soul!!
This week brings the commencement of three new sessions of tango classes with Miguel Coppini, Buenos Aires native and his partner, Michelle. We hope you can join us in one of our 4 locations in Southwestern Ontario.
Wednesdays in Hamilton:
- 7 – 8pm at the Staircase, Brightroom, 3rd Floor, 27 Dundurn Street North.
- NEW!! Session dates: November 2 to December 7
Thursdays in Toronto (west end):
- 8:15 – 9:45pm at the Swansea Town Hall, 75 Lavinia Ave. (near Bloor and Runnymede).
- NEW!! Session dates: November 3 to December 8
Saturdays in Toronto (the Danforth):
- 8 – 9:15pm at Palermo Tango Club (Joy of Dance Centre, 95 Danforth Ave, at Broadview).
- Every Saturday night. Includes entrance to the lovely Palermo Tango Club milonga.
Sundays in London (downtown):
- 6 – 7:30pm: Advanced beginners class and practica
- 7:30 – 9:00pm: Intermediate class and practica
- 9 – 10pm: open practica
- NEW!! Session dates: November 6 to December 11 (at the Downtown Yoga Holistic Centre, 236 Dundas St. London, ON.
Consult the “Classes” tabs for more information, maps and session fees.
Hasta pronto y Happy Dancing!!
We are pleased to announce a new 6 week session of tango classes on Thursday nights at the Swansea Town Hall (west end Toronto).
The session begins next Thursday, November 3 at 8:15pm. We hope that the new time and location will make it even more convenient for you to attend!
Each class will be 90 minutes long and will focus on presenting practical skills, leading and following technique, figures and exercises to improve your skills, confidence and understanding of tango.
Both Miguel and Michelle will provide you with personalized attention to best help you with your personal concerns within the group setting. We also will do our best to balance the leader/follower ratio if you cannot attend with a partner.
The session cost is $80 per person for all 6 classes or $15 per person drop-in. You can sign up here or send us an email at miguelymichelletango(at) gmail.com to register.
Our regular class on Saturday nights at 8pm at Palermo Tango Club (Joy of Dance Centre, 95 Danforth Ave, 3rd floor) resumes this week, October 29th. If you have not been able to attend in awhile, come on back — you are always welcome! Livia has a babysitter now, so Michelle is able to focus on helping all students in the class and has been giving the followers some extra attention with exercises, technique instruction and useful homework.
Starting on Sunday, November 6, 2011, join your tango maestros, Miguel and Michelle Coppini for a 6 week session of two classes and guided practicas in London, Ontario.
6:00 to 7:30pm: Advanced Beginners (60 minute class and 30 minute guided practica)
7:30 to 10:00pm: Intermediate Level (60 minute class and 90 minute guided practica)
Open Guided Practica: 8:30 to 10:00pm
1) one class and one guided practica: $100 per person.
2) two classes and two guided practicas: $150 per person
3) Drop-ins: a) one class and practica: $20 p.p.; b) 2 classes and practicas: $30 p.p.; c) 90 minute practica only: $5.
Please register here.
Tonight in Hamilton:
- Intermediate class at 7pm in the Brightroom, (3rd floor, The Staircase, 27 Dundurn Ave. N): Drop-ins welcome!
- Beginner class at 8:15pm in the Variety Room, (back door of 25 Dundurn Ave. N., part of the Staricase complex). Drop-ins with previous tango experience welcome.
- A delightful milonga follows at 8pm and there is free on-site parking.
Thursday in Toronto:
- Our last class at La Coqueta (179 Dundas St. E. at Jarvis) is at 7pm followed by a friendly practica at 8pm. Special thanks to all of you who supported us at La Coqueta these last months!
Saturday night in Toronto:
- 8pm at Palermo Tango Club (95 Danforth Ave. at Broadview) followed by a lovely milonga at 9:15pm. Free parking on Broadview Ave.
- Considering private instruction? We can help you learn faster and remember more with our proven techniques and memory aids. Flexible times and locations, including your own space!
The fall is a wonderful time to discover tango or re-ignite your tango dancing. The September rush is over and you will have new opportunities to join tango sessions with Miguel and Michelle in late October/early November.
Here is what is up ahead:
- Hamilton: new Wednesday sessions starting November 2, 2011.
- Toronto: new Thursday sessions starting late October/early November (TBC shortly).
- Waterloo/Kitchener: look for new sessions soon! The details are falling into place……slowly, but surely.
- London: the tangueros y tangueras in London are putting on their dance shoes and gearing up for a new activity. More information coming soon.
Michelle and Miguel
Calling all the tango-curious!!!
Take your first steps with Miguel and Michelle in Hamilton.
WARNING: Tango dancing can be habit-forming. Health benefits may be significant.
By the end of this six week course, participants will be able to move effectively around the dance floor using basic figures, walking combinations and turns. They will develop key leading and following skills and understand the nature of the embrace and connection between the couple.
This course is suitable for people with no tango experience.
This course is also highly recommended for tango dancers who want to practice and deepen their understanding of the fundamentals of tango from a structual (as opposed to a figure-based) perspective. This perspective will expand your tango possibilities and provides the foundation for improvisation.
Fee: $80 per person for 6 weeks, or $75 for students with ID. Payment is required at the first class on September 21.
REGISTER HERE: Beginners class sign-up form
Have some tango experience already? Check out our Intermediate Level classes on the Classes in Hamilton page. See you there!
Here is a reminder about our classes this week:
- Wednesday 7pm in conjuction with the Hamilton Tango Club at the Staircase Theatre. Drop-in $15 for class or $20 for class and milonga.
- Thursday at 7pm at La Coqueta in Toronto (179 Dundas St. E.) $15 for class or $20 for class and milonga.
- Saturday at 8pm at Palermo Tango Club in Toronto (95 Danrth Ave at Broadview). $18 for class and milonga.
Look for news about upcoming classes this fall…….coming soon!!
Miguel and Michelle