The holidays are over and the kids are back to school. What about you? What are you up to in 2012?
Check out the freshest crop of tango classes in Southwestern Ontario and get on the dance floor!
New 6 week sessions of tango classes at the Beginner and Intermediate level start this week. The session price offers great value and creates a very positive group dynamic. Not sure if the session is right for you? Try out the first class and if you decide to take the session, the drop-in fee will be applied to the session fee. Details about the class location and costs for all sessions can be found on the Classes pages for each city. No partner is necessary and beginners’ classes require no previous experience.
- Sunday nights in London: Beginners from 6 to 8pm and Intermediates from 7:30 to 10pm.
- Monday nights in Hamilton: Intermediate I from 7 to 8pm. Plan to stay for the milonga afterwards!
- Wednesday nights in Hamilton: Beginners from 7:15 to 8:45pm and Intermediate II from 8:15 to 10pm. Both classes include guided practicas.
- Thursdays in Toronto (Swansea Town Hall): Beginner/Intermediate from 8:15 to 9:45pm.
If you cannot attend all classes in the session, feel free to come to those that you can and pay the drop-in fee. We also have a regular drop-in class in Toronto every Saturday night at 8pm.
Join us on the dance floor! We look forward to making 2012 your best tango year ever!
Vector courtesy of http://www.dryicons.com
After a wonderful night dancing tango and celebrating New Year’s Eve at Palermo Tango Club (special thanks to Linda and Jade), our thoughts turn to 2012 and what it will bring for each one of us.
A good friend told me about her astrologer and the useful guidance he provides. We talked about how life offers us many possibilities and difficult choices. With insight, no matter its source (from within or from others), we can make the most of the opportunities we have and widen our perspective about what is possible.
Listen to your intuition, your guru, your best friend, a stranger and even your mother! Consider your options, consult your head and heart and take the steps toward whatever you desire. Be constant on your path and see where it takes you. Chances are you will find great treasures, both large and small.
Where are you headed in 2012?
For us, providing inspiring, useful and engaging tango instruction, meeting amazing people, having a good laugh every day and being grateful for all of our many blessings are our top four resolutions for 2012.
Vector courtesy of http://www.dryicon.com
Join us in Toronto this Saturday night at 8pm for a class, followed by a wonderful milonga at Palermo Tango Club (3rd floor, 95 Danforth Ave at Broadview at the Joy of Dance Centre). The cost is only $18 for both the class and milonga. The theme for the party is “Elegance”. You can bring a bottle of wine or bubbly to drink and if you wish, a small dish/snack/nibbly to share. The music is always good, the dance floor is real wood and the company is friendly.
We hope to see you there!!
Our best wishes to you and your families. May 2012 bring you health, happiness, peace and abundance (especially lots of tango)!!
Miguel, Michelle and Livia
When: December 7, 14, 21, 2011 and January 4, 2012
Time: 7 to 9pm
Location: Variety Room, The Staircase, 25 Dundurn St. N. (Entrance at the back). Free parking.
Keep the stress of the holidays in check with 2 hour tango drop-in classes with teachers, Miguel and Michelle Coppini. Enjoy personalized attention and avoid the nasty withdrawal symptoms of a month without tango. Learn, laugh and tango!! All levels welcome and treated with our special brand of TLC (tango-loving-care).
Special price: $15 per person for 2 hours.
The holidays can be a busy and stressful time. Maintaining your regular tango practice can help keep you balanced, physically and emotionally. Best of all, you can avoid terrible tango withdrawl symptoms (like forgetting everything you learned in the last 3 months)!!
New drop-in classes will help to fill the gap until sessions restart the week of January 9, 2012:
- Hamilton: Wednesdays at 7pm on Dec. 7, 14, 21 and Jan. 4
- Toronto: Thursdays at 8:15pm (at the Swansea Town Hall): Dec. 8, 15, 21 and Jan. 5
- London: Sunday at 6pm on December 18.
- Toronto: Saturday nights at 8pm (at the Joy of Dance Centre, before the Palermo Tango Club Milonga): Dec. 10, 17 and 31!! Join us New Year’s Eve for a class and a special milonga.
Tango: It is good for the head, heart and soul!!
This week brings the commencement of three new sessions of tango classes with Miguel Coppini, Buenos Aires native and his partner, Michelle. We hope you can join us in one of our 4 locations in Southwestern Ontario.
Wednesdays in Hamilton:
- 7 – 8pm at the Staircase, Brightroom, 3rd Floor, 27 Dundurn Street North.
- NEW!! Session dates: November 2 to December 7
Thursdays in Toronto (west end):
- 8:15 – 9:45pm at the Swansea Town Hall, 75 Lavinia Ave. (near Bloor and Runnymede).
- NEW!! Session dates: November 3 to December 8
Saturdays in Toronto (the Danforth):
- 8 – 9:15pm at Palermo Tango Club (Joy of Dance Centre, 95 Danforth Ave, at Broadview).
- Every Saturday night. Includes entrance to the lovely Palermo Tango Club milonga.
Sundays in London (downtown):
- 6 – 7:30pm: Advanced beginners class and practica
- 7:30 – 9:00pm: Intermediate class and practica
- 9 – 10pm: open practica
- NEW!! Session dates: November 6 to December 11 (at the Downtown Yoga Holistic Centre, 236 Dundas St. London, ON.
Consult the “Classes” tabs for more information, maps and session fees.
Hasta pronto y Happy Dancing!!
We are pleased to announce a new 6 week session of tango classes on Thursday nights at the Swansea Town Hall (west end Toronto).
The session begins next Thursday, November 3 at 8:15pm. We hope that the new time and location will make it even more convenient for you to attend!
Each class will be 90 minutes long and will focus on presenting practical skills, leading and following technique, figures and exercises to improve your skills, confidence and understanding of tango.
Both Miguel and Michelle will provide you with personalized attention to best help you with your personal concerns within the group setting. We also will do our best to balance the leader/follower ratio if you cannot attend with a partner.
The session cost is $80 per person for all 6 classes or $15 per person drop-in. You can sign up here or send us an email at miguelymichelletango(at) gmail.com to register.
Our regular class on Saturday nights at 8pm at Palermo Tango Club (Joy of Dance Centre, 95 Danforth Ave, 3rd floor) resumes this week, October 29th. If you have not been able to attend in awhile, come on back — you are always welcome! Livia has a babysitter now, so Michelle is able to focus on helping all students in the class and has been giving the followers some extra attention with exercises, technique instruction and useful homework.
Starting on Sunday, November 6, 2011, join your tango maestros, Miguel and Michelle Coppini for a 6 week session of two classes and guided practicas in London, Ontario.
6:00 to 7:30pm: Advanced Beginners (60 minute class and 30 minute guided practica)
7:30 to 10:00pm: Intermediate Level (60 minute class and 90 minute guided practica)
Open Guided Practica: 8:30 to 10:00pm
1) one class and one guided practica: $100 per person.
2) two classes and two guided practicas: $150 per person
3) Drop-ins: a) one class and practica: $20 p.p.; b) 2 classes and practicas: $30 p.p.; c) 90 minute practica only: $5.
Please register here.
Tonight in Hamilton:
- Intermediate class at 7pm in the Brightroom, (3rd floor, The Staircase, 27 Dundurn Ave. N): Drop-ins welcome!
- Beginner class at 8:15pm in the Variety Room, (back door of 25 Dundurn Ave. N., part of the Staricase complex). Drop-ins with previous tango experience welcome.
- A delightful milonga follows at 8pm and there is free on-site parking.
Thursday in Toronto:
- Our last class at La Coqueta (179 Dundas St. E. at Jarvis) is at 7pm followed by a friendly practica at 8pm. Special thanks to all of you who supported us at La Coqueta these last months!
Saturday night in Toronto:
- 8pm at Palermo Tango Club (95 Danforth Ave. at Broadview) followed by a lovely milonga at 9:15pm. Free parking on Broadview Ave.
- Considering private instruction? We can help you learn faster and remember more with our proven techniques and memory aids. Flexible times and locations, including your own space!
The fall is a wonderful time to discover tango or re-ignite your tango dancing. The September rush is over and you will have new opportunities to join tango sessions with Miguel and Michelle in late October/early November.
Here is what is up ahead:
- Hamilton: new Wednesday sessions starting November 2, 2011.
- Toronto: new Thursday sessions starting late October/early November (TBC shortly).
- Waterloo/Kitchener: look for new sessions soon! The details are falling into place……slowly, but surely.
- London: the tangueros y tangueras in London are putting on their dance shoes and gearing up for a new activity. More information coming soon.
Michelle and Miguel